This course will provide an opportunity for participants to establish or advance their understanding of research through critical exploration of research language, ethics, and approaches. The course introduces the language of research, ethical principles and challenges, and the elements of the research process within quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. Participants will use these theoretical underpinnings to begin to critically review literature relevant to their field or interests and determine how research findings are useful in forming their understanding of their work, social, local and global environment.
- Understanding research terminology
- The ethical principles of research, ethical challenges and approval processes
- Describe quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods approaches to research
- Identifying the components of a literature review process
- Critically analyzing published research
- Teacher: Ibrahim Koncak